Thursday, October 29, 2009

swimming

i've been swimming lately. my friend kate comes with me. i used to swim all the time. it used to be one of my favorite things because in the pool i'm not clumsy or prone to tripping over my own feet. in the pool i can feel the power of my stroke and the momentum of my movements. when i first went back to the pool i was worried that it wouldn't feel natural, or that the swimmer in my mind wouldn't match up with what i was actually able to do.
the pool welcomed me back. a mile is not an insurmountable swim. i am not sore or out of commission the next day. i may not be the athlete i once (thought) i was, but i am still a swimmer.

its great.

this weekend i'll be helping a friend move. she is awesome and i'm really excited to get to spend some time with her. we will be making delicious fall treats and remembering all of our halloweens trick-or-treating together. i can't wait.

this photo is from flickr.

1 comment:

  1. i would love, love, love to be part of your virtual swim team! please, oh please send me your workout--right now i'm literally just trying swimming back and forth, with some isolated leg action every once and a while.

    ReplyDelete